mardi 17 septembre 2013

The pillbox hat or coneflower - Day 17

AQUARELLA  -  5 X 7 INCHES
SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY CARD
ON FABRIANO PAPER
THE PILLBOX HAT OR CONEFLOWER
NOT AVAILABLE
Il y a tellement de variété de rudbeckies et celle-ci me plaît,  la hirta, car elle est toute simple. Je trouve que le petit chapeau sur la fleur ressemble à une boîte  à pilule.  Le  " pillbox hat "  était une coiffure très populaire quand j'étais jeune.  Audrey Hepburn et Jacqueline Kennedy l'ont porté,  pour ne nommer que celles-là.

There are many varieties of coneflowers and I like , hirta ,  a  simple one.  It looks like a pillbox hat , don't you think?  It was very popular at one time.  I remember Audrey Hepburn  and Jacqueline Kennedy wearing one of those cute hats.

12 commentaires:

Maga Fabler a dit…

Piękne, proste, wyraziste. Love it!

Maga Fabler a dit…

Beautiful, simple, clear. Love it!
Sorry for previous Polish comment :)

Helen H Trachy a dit…

Kocham:)

hmuxo a dit…

I remember my Mom wearing the pill box hat!!! In fact, she wore it at my wedding..ahh, memories!!!
This watercolor is beautiful, Helen! Wonderful job.

Helen H Trachy a dit…

Thanks Hilda! I'm glad it brings back good memories. :)

cath a dit…

j'adore tes posts, car il y a toujours une anecdote, c'est super, j'aime beaucoup!
Helen tu es plus qu'à l'aise avec l'aquarelle, c'est un plaisir à chaque visite de découvrir ton travail! vraiment c'est superbement réussi! bravo, je me répète mais tu me redonnes envie de retravailler la peinture, il faut juste que je prenne mon courage à deux mains!
Bisous

Autumn Leaves a dit…

I just love the colors! So fresh and beautiful, Helen!

Helen H Trachy a dit…

Cath, je sais que tu es très occupée et parfois c'est bon de prendre du recul vis-à-vis la peinture. Mais, si tu as le goût d'y revenir,je suis sûre que tu t'amuserais follement! Bisous ma chère.

Helen H Trachy a dit…

Hi Sherry, I'm glad you dropped by. Hugs

Carol Blackburn a dit…

Yes, I remember the pill box hat too. I always wondered how they got it to stay on top of the head like that. Then I found out they sewed hair combs into it or used bobby pins or hat pins. Hat pins make good weapons. We ought to bring them back in style. LOL Hope you are having a great week.

Helen H Trachy a dit…

Hi Carol! I remenber bobby pins too, though I wasn 't a great fan, but I would love hats to come back into fashion again with or without the pin. Take care.

Judy a dit…

I like the comparison! :) It really does look like a pillbox hat.